Thursday, June 26, 2008

One of the more pleasurable aspects of my job






Last night I went to the Netherlands Police contingent medal parade. It is one of my official duties as Chief of Administration here in the Regional Headquarters, but I don't mind, I enjoy mixing with other police contigents and civilians and besides, I never turn down a free meal. Even when it starts two hours late because they were waiting for the Dutch Ambassador to arrive. Enyways, I had a good meal and a good chat with some police and non-police type people, it was quite interesting. Afterwards I sat around in my boss's container with him (he's the other guy in a white shirt, retired LAPD) talking about police stuff. I should have went to bed earlier, I was kind of groggy this morning. The guy in the black shirt is the Deputy Police Commissioner, the Number 2 guy in the UN Police in Sudan. he's my boss' boss.

No comments: