Monday, October 6, 2008

Ode to a cat.








Those of you who know me know how much I like cats. Enyways, I'm going to sing the praises of a cat today, Nala the pet cat of my youngest darling daughter Natalie died last week, probably over the trauma of not seeing me for nearly five months. Nala was an annoying little soul, I was always the first one up in the morning and she'd greet me when I came out of my bedroom by mewoing and meowing and meowing, and I've give her food (even though her food dish was full) and water (ditto) and open the back door for her to go out (she never did) and turn on the gas fireplace for her to lie in front of (that worked sometimes) but in general she just meowed at me until someone else got up and she went and meowed at them.




So Nala, I never understood you and I never would have no matter how long either of us lived. But Natalie loved you and you were one of her last ties to our home in Kelowna so I put up with you all those years. I'm sure that if a cat ever showed appreciation for anything, you would have showed a little to me. If.




And a little praise for Natalie here, who was always patient and knd with Nala, no matter how annoying Nala got (and she got plenty annoying, beleive me). You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat animals (except in my case, don't get not ideas), anyways Natalie is as patient and kind-hearted as they come.

Not like Melanie, we have more pictures of Melanie when she was young tormenting cats than you can shake a stick at (my grandfather's expression, I love that one).

No comments: