Monday, July 28, 2008

Some pictures...thanks to Heba






Heba is using my camera while she's here as hers got stolen with her purse. She took these pictures around the UN camp here and in some of our nightly excursions into Juba.

Top picture is the infamous Bill Kelly in front of the Moosehead bammer he is so proud of. Heba thought it would hilarious to take a picture of me at the PX looking longingly at liquor. Ha ha ha, I can't stop laughing. The next one is all of us out at Da Vinci's for dinner, the next one Mark, Heba and I, and then me cooking on the hot plate that Dawn Boudreau, a Canadian Military Observer (UNMO) who was heading home to Canada from Juba gave to me. Notice the every present can of coke in my hand.

1 comment:

Still Searching said...

OK Wayne so we know Mark made it safely, but what happened to Heba who was supposed to be picked up?
I am glad you were able to convince Melanie to not visit you now, Heba's mother clearly failed in doing that :-(