Friday, July 25, 2008

Not much to report

Its been hectic for me the last three or four days. My Personnel Officer, Charita has been away on CTO (Compensatory Time Off) in Khartoum so I've been trying, and I empahsize trying, to do her job plus my own, get in some visiting with Scott who was Juba for a training workshop, visit with Heba whose in town to do some interviews and witness for herself that there is a life, a good life actually, outside Khartoum, put on a going-away luncheon for one of our staff who has reached his End Of Mission date (he never showed up for it by the way), move into my own container (yay, finally after two months I can unpack my bags), etc. etc. etc. I still managed to catch a few hours sleep last night then get up at 1:00 and go get in a few dances at the regular Friday night party and watch the moon for a while before going back to bed. This morning brown mud poured out of the taps and showers in all of the "ablution" centres in my part of the camp and I have to wear my long sleeve uniform shirts because I haven't done my laundry for five days and all my short sleeve shirts are dirty. Every day kind of stuff, you know.

Had a great visit with Scott, funny how reinvigorating a good bitching session over a couple of beers can be.

No comments: