Monday, May 26, 2008

My uniform

I tried uploading this picture of me in my unform, taken by my darling daughter Natalie before I left Ottawa, when I started the blog but it doesn't seem to have worked. Yes its dark blue and yes its really hot. I'm wearing a baby blue ball cap instead the beret these days and I haven't worn the vest yet because of the heat and because we're in training mode but I will be when I get to Juba.

The boots are really comfortable and thanks to everyone at work who contributed to the gift certificate from Mountain Co-op for me, and thanks to Raj who took me shopping there with his membership card, I've got some really good sports socks and tshirts that wick the moisture away from my skin and keep me dry. No blisters so far as a result, and I'm prone to blisters, especially on my feet. A big thank you again to everyone who contributed.

I spoke too soon about not being sick yet, I've had stomach and abdominal cramps off and on the last two days. I'm not going to eat tonight to see if that solves the problem (yes, I know I should eat but it won't kill me to miss a meal, believe me.) However, Charles has lost 7 pounds already and it looks it, he is getting gaunt looking.

No comments: