Monday, May 26, 2008

In the dark in Sudan

The damn electricity keeps going out. People warned us this would happen but its very annoying nonetheless when it does. It went out three times yesterday afternoon during class and once last night when I was exercising (I had just started my warmup walk on the treadmill) and it went off another three times this afternoon during training and just a little while ago it went off when I had just finished my run and Rory had just started his. At least its only off for five minutes at a time when it goes out, it doesn't heat up too much. Poor Rory, he was in the zone when he was running and I think he ran into the control panel of the treadmill before he realized the power had gone off. In the "looking at the bright side of life" dept. at least when the power came back on this evening the wall fan over the treadmill started working; it hasn't worked since we got here.

Two more military guys arrived this afternoon to stay at Canada House. Its getting a bit crowded. But on the bright side again, some Australian military people who were in the same training class as us invited us to a birthday party on Friday night at Australia House. It looks like we'll be here through the weekend as we are now not scheduled to go to Juba until next Monday. And we're supposed to have another week of training in Juba before assuming our duties. I'm getting trained out, I fell asleep twice again this afternoon.

Wayne

No comments: